Sunday, October 11, 2020
Wednesday, May 6, 2020
Wednesday, April 29, 2020
Yeamans, Robin*,3/8/20, Int’l Women’s Day noting scant progress since 1970, SusanT.Glascoff comment
*Retired CA lawyer, for decades often handled custody cases, often with permission in other states; as pres./Advisory Bd/NCFJ she used to fly to NY for meetings/ I was/remain Exec. Dir. & founder of Adv.Bd.
PS.4/29/20-Child murders since 2008 now 746.Reports that DV has increased re Covid-19 stay-at-home
Why Humanity’s Prime Focus Must Be Maximizing # Kids Becoming Responsible Adults, 11/19 STGlascoff
“Childhood Abuse, Complex Trauma & Epigenetics,” Fabiana Franco, PhD, 10/30/18- over past decade studies increasingly show life experiences & environmental factors play important role in who we become. “Interpersonal early life stress can impact 2nd & 3rd generation offspring.”Lists many references. ”Epigenetics & the Human Brain,” Dr. Moshe Szyf, June ’08, reviews evidence showing association between certain epigenetic patterns, suicide, and child abuse. Also lists many references.
Problem- failure to personalize & “connect dots,” enabling compounding of problems. Samples follow. Individuals in denial enable media, organizations, gov’t officials & influential figures to stifle research, a vicious cycle. Paternalism is of course a root problem. Consider that after decades of assorted efforts by activists, the House passed without dissent H.Con.Res.72 re safety 1st of children of divorce if abuse alleged (co-authored by the Center for Judicial Excellence who regularly update child murders -now 711 since 2008- due to court-ordered abusive custody/visits, ignored except for NYT brief mention 7/29/no follow up!). In almost daily contacts plus some meetings (~50 tonight with AAUW), I’ve yet to find anyone who’s heard about it! Yet since family courts are under state jurisdiction, how can the public create demand if they don’t know OR are in denial?? Ditto fact that all are ignoring (except one Wash. Post article July 29) federally funded new research about gender bias in courts when mothers allege abuse, esp. child sex abuse- 14% dads get custody if abuse proven- https://ssrn.com/abstract=3448062.
- 11 documentaries over ~2 decades, most award-winning. CJE 2008- “Family Court Crisis: Our Children at Risk,” 2011 NoWayOutButOne- mom/ kids got asylum in Netherlands from U.S.( judge-“I agree there was abuse but giving father custody since mother is too ‘emotional’ about it.” Mom had hospital documents proving permanent brain damage of son since dad hit him!
- Outline re 57 articles delivered to SC spring 2019 along with above 2 documentaries & book, “The Quincy Solution: Stop DV & Save $500 Billion,” by Atty. Barry Goldstein. Consider connect dots contest with incentives & ideas for solutions/only constructive & compassionate permitted.
- Data left on table of 2002 (BMCC’s annual conf)- U.S.Supreme Court, U.S. v. Lanier No. 95-1717, 1997 appeal releasing judge serving less than 2 yrs of 25 yr sentence for requiring moms to give him oral sex if wanted custody since “he wasn’t given sufficient warning behavior at issue illegal!
- American Tort Foundation annually updates Judicial Hellholes across U.S. I attended 11yr case in Brooklyn, NY (near top hellhole list). I was interviewed by key media source & key investigative source- 1st twisted what I said & gave no credentials, 2nd simply ignored it, even valid RICO filing. Noted expert witness was denied giving details to jury re 7 hr interview with abused wife. Three female judges recused for bias- all ignored contradiction- husband wealthy, wife in bankruptcy…
- Retired judge prepared “guestimate” for me 2008, reporting it costs ~$4,500 to operate ONE COURTROOM for one day in NYC (noting ~ in major cities). Tons of legal shenanigans cause lots cases where there’s power imbalance to drag for years, bankrupting many. Court costs are taxpayer expense & bankruptcies cost society lots- as businesses get back pennies/dollar, ETC!
- Posted 12/8/10- “Organized Crime in U.S. Family Courts,” case Mannix v Maram No.10 C 3849.
- 8/12/12, DV Victims/Advocates Forming Nat’l…-85% kids witnessing DV/ moderate/severe PTSD.
- Cognitive Dissonance- When people presented evidence vs beliefs, new evidence not accepted.
- Man Alive Fathers’ Rights Group- “Treating abuse as 50/50 impairs solutions.”
Noted atty re‘05 NY Matrimonial Commission “moved Titanic deck chairs “ In 1988 he suggested founding NCFJ whose pres. said “Abusive custody best-kept secret in U.S.” Let’s change that!!